DECD BPS Capacity Management Gazette, click here

Enrolling at Burnside Primary School

All schools in the eastern suburbs are under constant enrolment pressure. We currently have over 800 students attending for 2017, with all possible classroom areas occupied. Due to a DECD assessment on the 6th September, 2016 regarding our numbers being capped we now have a Capacity Management Plan in place.

2018 Register for a Vacancy
We have now reached capacity for 2018 in most year levels. Reception enrolments have now closed and families have been notified of acceptance/non acceptance.  If a family has provided us with adequate proof of residency (see below) we will add your child/ren’s name to our register. If a place becomes available we will contact you.

We DO NOT accept enrolments from outside our school zone.
We do not issue enrolment forms to families until ‘Proof of Residency’(outlined below) is adequate and a place has become available.


All information listed below must correlate with the parents of the child. We will not accept proof of residency whereby the residence is in another person’s name ie: parent or grandparent.

Owner – must reside at the property
A current Burnside City Council Rates Notice or Property Purchase Agreement
A recent gas or electricity bill for that property
A current drivers license showing the same name/address details as the property.

Rental Property – must reside at the property
A Rental Contract which must extend 12 months beyond the date of your child commencing school and must be registered with the Consumer and Business Services Tenancies Board.
A Bond Receipt registered with the Consumer and Business Services Tenancies Board
A recent gas or electricity bill for that property
A current driver’s license/s showing the same name/address details.

Child’s Birth Certificate or Passport
In addition we require a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport to verify proof of age.

Visa Papers
If you have emigrated to Australia, please provide us with your Visa papers and Visa Number.

If your child has limited oral and written English; we expect that they attend an Intensive English Language school to develop their English proficiency. The zoned IELC school for Burnside Primary School is Gillies Street Primary School. You may contact Gillies Street Primary School for more information by emailing This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You are here: Home Admission Admission Information